Our CCTV Consultancy service provides a focused address of project stages which form the lifecycle of a successfully implemented Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) project which can include one or all of the project stages detailed below:
Many of our clients have been using CCTV before we are engaged. Their systems may be old, obsolete, no longer fit for purpose or in need of upgrade, repair or replacement.
Unlike a new build project in the built environment where new systems are designed to address business objectives, existing real estate and the legacy systems installed within often forms a small part of an organizations overall security strategy which increases the importance of continued review of an organizations operational requirements (OR) for Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) operation.
At evaluation stage, a Triton CCTV Aware Consultant will first provide an independent review of the existing system, providing a thorough audit of all camera positions and the control room(s) display, control, recording and resilience systems.
We will then prepare a dilapidation report for the client, providing an independent review of each system and a thorough options appraisal for possible improvements and how to leverage performance from existing legacy systems without necessarily replacing the complete system.
Our CCTV Consultancy audit and dilapidation survey will include
- Visual inspection of all equipment
- Assess the CCTV systems Inventory, schematic and line diagrams
- Assess the CCTV system network topology and bandwidth requirements
- Site Plans and Operational Requirements (OR) conformance
- System user audit
- Assessment of Operation and Maintenance Manuals. Has the incumbent CCTV maintainer updated ‘As Fitted’ drawings as the system has evolved over time?
- Are CCTV operators suitably trained with the provision of easy to follows user instructions?
- Does the system have sufficient resilience UPS and Battery Backup provision?
- Does the system have a database and what is its integrity?
- Are the software operating systems up-to-date with latest manufacturer release versions installed?
- Inspection and maintenance on security and access control hardware
- Inspection and maintenance on digital surveillance hardware
- Inspection and maintenance on analytic system
- Provision of Inspection and Test Reports
- Integration options between various security systems
The investment in any new system or upgrade of an existing system often requires a robust business case presented to senior management to justify expenditure and how CCTV will play an important role in an organisation overall safety and security strategy.
Our feasibility services is designed to provide our client with a clear and concise address of the business case surrounding implementation, expansion or upgrade of CCTV surveillance systems.
Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the service by examining in – house and CCTV contractor data, working practices, reports and other documentation, interviewing relevant client stakeholders and project sponsors, representatives of partner agencies and by carrying out site visits as appropriate.
Based on evaluation findings and in consideration of the aims of the service, make recommendations on opportunities for income generation from provision of CCTV monitoring services to other agencies and expansion of the service generally based on future service charging of tenants and leaseholders.
Conduct a full technical evaluation of the business case, to provide project plans, costs of infrastructure and equipment and assessment whether these were deliverable and met the aims of the service review.
Review the service infrastructure, cameras, control room layout and equipment etc. and recommended interim changes where possible to achieve standardisation across all sites and a better quality service at low cost (quick wins).
CCTV Consultancy Strategy
Development of a CCTV strategy is crucial to ensure any system is designed, operated and managed effectively and efficiently.
A robust CCTV strategy from us will often comprise of
A developed set of operational requirements which are agreed by all project stakeholders. An Operational Requirement (OR) is a statement of needs based upon a systematic assessment of each site.
Administration – Who is to administer the system, where, how and why?
Objectives of the scheme? – Why is CCTV being used and how does it integrate to the wider security or process control application of the site
What is the purpose of the CCTV system?
How can performance be measured? What key performance indicators (KPI’s) will be relevant to the system and its operation?
Will the performance achieve your expectations?
If you require any further information on any of our services, please do not hesitate to email us, or call (267) 76233060.